Sunday 31 May 2009

Chunks of chunk

Since my layout mojo has disappeared I'm taking part in loads of swaps and making mini books. Here are 7 out of 8 pages of the Chunky Mini Book Swap I'm currently taking part in.

The theme for the first page is "purple". I raided my stash for anything purple. I also decided to make a mini mini-book depicting all different things purple.



Below is a picture of the pages of the mini mini-book before I bound them together showing all cultural things that are purple (purple heart, the book "colour purple", the song "purple rain" and purple for royalty).



The next page is themed "cosmic". I used thick black mulberry paper as the base and covered it with a black net fabric with silver spots. I added some small embellies including the tiny spaceship that I cut out.



Below is an accordian type book depicting the 8 planets (since Pluto is no longer considered a planet). I looked up online the colours of the planets - I hope I got it as close as possible to accurate.



The next page is my own theme which is "children's songs". I chose my son's favourite song which is a Jewish song about the Sabbath day. My page depicts a traditional Sabbath table and on it is a mini prayer book in which I wrote the words to the song.



Next is themed "nature". I wanted to do something different than your typical trees and flowers, so I thought of wildlife. I used animal print papers and they actually feel furry and reptile-y to the touch. I used some of Tim Holtz's foliage and some animal print fastenater staples to finish it off.



This next page is themed "fairies" so I made a fairy garden. The starry embellies are stuck with repositionable glue dots so are removable for binding or playing with.



Next is themed "my house, my mess". I decided to use dust bunnies. I used grungepaper as the base and ran it through my cuttlebug to give it texture - I then grunged it up using distress inks and perfect pearls. Same with the bunnies and the sign. I added a little Mr Henry with a stop sign for a cute effect.



This seventh page is themed "butterflies". Again, I didn't want to just do flowers and butterflies so I layered the page with three different colours and textures of green and made a semicircle of flowers. I cut out some pictures of butterflies and folded them up to give a 3d effect.

1 comment: