Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Land of the Free

I have a little bit of an obsession with the United States. I have a fantasy to go on an around the US trip visiting all the famous and the not-so famous landmarks. Unfortunately though, my bank manager is not too keen on the idea and I can't imagine my little fella (not to mention my big fella) being too enamoured with the idea either.
With my dream trip being exactly that ... a dream I decided to have make US landmarks the theme for my latest CJ. This is the favourite CJ I have been in so far - not only because of the beautiful end result but because of all the fantastic members in the group. I can't wait to start the next CJ with them at the end of the month.
Well, here are the beautiful pages created by my fellow teammates to take me on a vicarious tour through the United States.
First the cover, the welcome page and the sign in page.

"Niagara Falls" created by yours truly. Not technically in the United States - it straddles the US/Canadian border, but this is definitely in my top ten places to visit across the pond.
"Grand Canyon" created by our lovely, bubbly and ever entertaining hostess "kittycrafts" Karen. The Grand Canyon is definitely on my must-see places to visit before I die.
"Statue of Liberty" created by Suzy. I've been to visit Lady Liberty about 12 years ago when I went to New York. Spent a gorgeous day on Ellis Island and climbed all the steps to be rewarded with a magnificent view of New York from the top of the statue.
"Mount Rushmore" created by Lynn (Topsy). Every time I think of Mount Rushmore I am reminded of a hilarious scene in Friends where Joey is watching Wheel of Fortune and shouts out the answer as "Count Rushmore". Chandler then says that it's Mount Rushmore, to which Joey replies "yeah, then who painted all the faces on the mountain?" Makes me laugh every time. And I would definitely love to have my picture taken with the stone presidents.
"Hollywood" by Fiona. No trip to the US would be complete without a trip to the famous sign, the Boulevard and the walk of fame. One of the letters fell off and I intend replacing it when I find the right shade of white card.
"The White House" by Lynn (crafty72). This gorgeous page represents the residence of the leader of the free world. Political opinions aside, I would lurve to visit The White House. The little booklet on the RHS of the layout has various pictures of different rooms inside 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC.
"Route 66" by Lou. The "Main Street of America" or "The Mother Road" is 2448 miles long and crosses 8 states and 3 time zones. A dream trip to the USA could consist of just travelling along this road and stopping off at various different destinations along the way. I would never have thought of classifying this page as a US "landmark", but I love this page - so original and beautifully made.
"Golden Gate Bridge" by Leanie. San Francisco is on my bucket list of places to visit. This suspension bridge has been declared one of the modern wonders of the world and I for one would love to visit it. The booklet on the LHS of the LO holds more pictures.
"Grand Central Terminal New York". Who would have thought that a train station could be so interesting. Thanks to the lovely Helen I now know that Grand Central Station is the largest train station in the world thereby earning itself a position on my "places to visit" in USA.

Thank you to all my amazing Circle Journal participants who have allowed be to take a virtual trip through the United States whilst sitting on my couch. The only problem is that it has now whetted my appetite even more for this fantastical trip .... ah a girl can dream :)

1 comment:

  1. I love circle journals and as a native of the USA, now living here in England, I also love your theme! My English husband wants to do a road trip, too, but I told him that the US is so big, it would take a whole year and even then we'd have to miss parts of it!!

    ReplyDelete